Unfortunately, there are some shoddy builders operating who don’t always complete the job to industry standards. So, it’s recommended home owners check to see if their builder is adequately insured.
What does Home Warranty cover?
Home Warranty insures the homeowner against:
- Non completion of the building contract.
- Failure of the builder to correct faults, which are deemed by law to be the builder’s responsibility, for a nominated warranty period.
- These contingencies are poor workmanship, faulty design, and inadequate or unsuitable materials.
Whether you’re building a new home, renovating a kitchen or adding an extension, if the build is more than $20,000 it is essential your licensed builder is covered by Home Warranty insurance.
- The insurance covers up to the amount of $340,000.
- Period of Home Warranty cover for major defects is 6 years after completion of works, and 2 years cover for non-major defects.
Here at BFC Building Group we’ve seen first-hand, home owners get left with costly bills to repair substandard work. In many cases their builder has not finished the job, used the wrong materials or simply not done the right thing.
As an Independent, local licensed builder, BFC Building Group takes pride in our work. We’ve earned a reputation for our quality workmanship and attention to detail. Our team is often called upon to fix or complete builds that have been mishandled.
You can trust us to get the job done right the first time and on budget.
Call our friendly staff at our Young office on 02 6382 6360 or at our Temora office on 02 6977 1494 and ask us to arrange a Free No Obligation Consultation.